I wanted to catch a few more deals this week, so I went to CVS and Food Lion yesterday. Diapers aren't going to be on sale for the next few weeks, so I went to CVS to get a couple of packs to last me. With my small stock, I should be good for 3 weeks. We also needed wipes and, this time, the full priced CVS brand was the cheapest (at 2.3 cents ea), so they diluted my "savings." Here's what I got:
Here's how I did it:
(1) CVS napkin $1.49 (75% off clearance)
(2) CVS double packs of wipes (these are between Target and Huggies in quality, my manager mentioned CVS brand is 100% guaranteed, so you can take them back if you don't like them)
(2) Huggies jumbo $8.99 (the extrabucks are limited to one, but they were still at my "buy price" after coupons)
-$5/$25 total purchase
-$3/1 Slip-On Diapers
-$2/1 Little Movers Diapers
-(2) $1/1 Huggies jumbo pk (from the magic coupon machine)
Saved: $22.50 (61%)
Wouldn't ya know?! After I went and splurged on diapers at CVS, there was an unbeatable sale at Food Lion! I'm not complaining too much because I always need diapers. =D I actually stopped in for some shredded cheese and popcorn on BOGO and here's what I got:
Here's how I did it:
(2) Kraft BBQ sauce $0.79 ea
(1) Country Time Lemonade $1.89 (FL doesn't require that you get 2)
-$2 off Peelie on BBQ sauce for 2 sauces and 1 drink mix
(2) O.R. popcorn bowls $2.49 ea.
(4) Kraft cheese $1.61 ea.
(2) Fisher Price diapers $3.14 ea.
(1) 1/2 gal. milk $2.23 (?!?)
(1) Apple Sauce to-go $1.69 (we needed portable baby food)
(1) Idahoan box potatoes $1.09
-FREE Idahoan potatoes in All You Magazine
Overripe bananas $0.45
Bananas $0.90 (we like bananas =D)
Saved: $24.97 (50%)
Note that I only used 2 coupons (and one was a peelie) so all of that savings came from shopping the sales. "Extreme Couponing" is really a misnomer because coupons are just the icing on the cake. You really save money with sales, not coupons.
Since I got a number of rebates in the mail this week, it was fairly easy to stay on budget. Including my earlier trips, my total grocery spending was $47.50 (plus $20 in rebate cards, I think, but they have already been paid for). That means I have officially "caught up" on my grocery budget!
I also spent $22 this week for 5 jumbo packs of diapers and 4 pkgs. of wipes! I've been using the Fisger Price diapers and I'm really impressed with them. I'm planning on going back today or tomorrow to get more. =D I may take a "week off" couponing this coming week and just get the necessities (partly because I'm not seeing any exciting sales).