I wanted to make a quick stop by Martin's on my way home from church, but Jesse and I were both getting pretty hungry. Since I had been doing so well with my budget, I suggested we get subs at Martin's and use "grocery" money. Since Jesse ate his sub in the car, that meant I could take a little longer shopping, no? =D I decided to make this my weekly grocery trip and add in almond milk and produce. Here's what I got:
(4) Bertolli Alfredo Sauce $2 ea.
(1) Country Crock spread $1.99 (good thing this was on sale w/ a coupon--Jesse had just asked for it)
(1) Almond Breeze shelf stable $2 (I haven't been able to finish the half gallons lately)
(1) Gallon milk $3.39
(2) Newspapers $2 ea.
(1) Powerade $0.77 (for my lunch)
-(2) $0.75/2 Bertolli sauce printable (both doubled to $1.50)
-FREE Powerade (my coke rewards--I keep these on hand in case I get thirsty while shopping)
-$0.55/1 Almond Breeze (doubled to $1.10)
-FREE milk catalina ($4.50)
-$1/1 Country Crock
Total before savings: $24.99
Total savings: $14.09
Total paid: $11.19 (incl. tax)
Catalina: $3.75 (for buying 4 Bertolli sauces--made it $0.33 ea.!)
My lunch (not pictured)
(1) Newspaper $2 (I hadn't planned on getting 3 papers, but I had to get something quickly to make my total >$3.75)
Total before savings: $4.69
Total savings: $3.75
Total paid: $1.23 (incl. tax)
So, I saved $17.84, or 59%!!! I think I'm finally starting to get tired of bananas. =D So, we'll see what sort of produce I'm "in the mood for" next week.