Monday, October 17, 2011

Just the Essentials at K-Mart

I've been trying to branch out from my usual stores lately.  On Friday (I think it was Friday...), I went to K-Mart for groceries.  They really didn't have good sales this week, but I had some great high-value coupons, so I still saved like a maven.  I only really "did" one deal, but for a trip that was basically "just the essentials," I thought I did very well.


Total Value Purchased:  $75.18 (including $25.74 in "free" blush)
Total Spent: $22.79
Total Coupon value: $35

This was the exception to the rule that you save more with coupons than sales.  K-Mart was running a deal that you get $10 on your next order (which I used immediately) when you spend $35 on P&G items.  Since I had $24 in coupons for the blush, it basically covered the cost of the make-up, plus the other P&G items I needed (like mouthwash and cascade).

*Special Alert:* Every lady who comes to my house for the next month will get a blush "favor" just for visiting.  And if you act now, I'll even throw in some lipstick ;P

No comments: