Monday, August 29, 2011

Super Savin' Momma!

I had an exceptionally good day of savings yesterday.  At CVS, I managed to get $33.51 in products for $1.26 (ONLY TAX!).  At Weis, I got over $200 of groceries and paper products (TP) for $95.32 after rebates.  There were some great deals at Weis, including free cereal and 70% off produce, but I was MOST excited about 60% off Charmin (the only brand that will do)! 

Here's how that deal worked:
(3) Charmin big packs/sale: 12.99 ea.
-(1) $1/2 Charmin in the P&G insert

Total: $37.97

Get back: $10 catalina on your next order when you buy (3) specified P&G products
Submit for $10 P&G rebate wyb $30 in P&G products (any)

Makes for a total of $17.97 or $5.99 each!

It's really difficult to find a great TP sale, especially if you have brand loyalties, so I'm still doing a happy dance over that deal!

I went to CVS yesterday and got a B1G1 coupon for Starburst candy.  Combined with a sale and 2 manu. q's, it made money for me (though, I don't know what to do with them--Starburst cookies, anyone?)

Here's what I got:

(2) Panete $6.97
(2) Starburst Candy sacks $6
(2) Cascade $7.98
(1) St. Joe's aspirin $2

-(2) FREE Pantene (bonus from Facebook offer)
-5 ECBs (from last week)
-(2) $1/1 Starburst, Lifesavers, or Skittles
-B1G1 Starburst, Lifesavers, or Skittles CVS coupon ($4.29 off) (red coupon machine)
-$2/2 ANY shampoo or conditioner CVS coupon (red coupon machine)
-(2) $1/1 Cascade (P&G)
-$1/1 St. Joseph's Aspirin

Total: (negative subtotal) $1.26

ECBs earned: 2 (St. Joe's), 1 (Pantene), 1 (Green Bag Tag 4th scan)

I was really happy with these sales/deals because hubby said the dreaded "While you're out, can you get..." for the Cascade.  I had already planned on using the other money earned from this transaction to pay for detergent ;0)Plus, I was low on shampoo (and by "low" I mean I only had 3/4 of ONE bottle of shampoo :D)

No comments: