Sunday, August 14, 2011

Saving at CVS

If there are four-letter words in the coupon world, "need" is definitely one of them.  If you need something, you no longer have the luxury to name your own price for an item: you have to pay whatever the retailer wants to charge you that day.  I NEEDED two things this weekend: Q-Tips (how did I miss that?) and Mucinex (I've been taking it every four hours with Motrin and I'm just starting to feel better).  Thankfully, the coupon machine at CVS printed out a $2/$10 contact, eye, or ear care purchase.  Since I had a raincheck for free after extrabucks contact lens solution, I was able to add the smallest box of Q-Tips (we must have the name brand) and get it all basically for free. 

Here's what I got (yes, this is my best pic :P):


Here's how:

Transaction #1
(2) Honest Teas $2 (I thought I'd be getting ExtraBucks for this, but I had already done this deal this MONTH, so I couldn't)
-$1/1 Honest Tea (Recyclebank)
(2) Powerades $2
-Free Powerade (My Coke Rewards)
1 Carmello candy bar $1.19
-Free Carmello candy bar (Red coupon machine)
(2) Revlon Topspeed Nail Polish
-(2) $1/1 Revlon color cosmetic (SS 8/14)
1 G-Fit flavored water
1 Revlon Crazyshine nail buffer $0.99 (75% off clearance)
- $1/1 Revlon tool (printable)
1 Renu contact lens solution (redeemed a raincheck) $7.89
-$2/1 Renu solution (printable)
1 Q-Tips 170 ct. $2.77
-$2/10 contact, eye, or ear care purchase (red coupon machine)
1 CVS bandages $4.19
-FREE 20 CVS brand fabric bandages (red coupon machine)
1 Poise liners 44ct. $6.49 (don't knock it if it's free ;D)
-FREE Poise product up to $6 (catalina from Weis)
1 Vanilla Body wash (CVS brand) $2.27
-FREE body wash  up to $2.27 (but it takes off $3 when scanned...not sure...) (from Facebook when you "like" CVS's MinuteClinic)
-$5/$40 purchase (as you can see, I exhausted all of my FREE coupons to get to $40)
-6 ECBs from last week

Total Due: $4.99
Got Back: 12 ECBs (3 for each nail polish and 6 for the contact lens solution)

Transation #2:
(4) G-fit flavored water $4.00
(1) CVS brand Mucinex $12.49 (tarnations to NEED)
-12 ECBs

Total Due: $4.65
Got Back: 5 ECBs

So, I spent $9.64 total and saved $63.18, or 87%.  I'll take it--but only because I'm sick.  :D


I also stopped by Staples this afternoon to get more office supplies.  Here's what I got:


Here's how I did it:
1 Z-grips mechanical pencil 7 ct. $3.99
-$3.99 Easy Rebate
2 Sharpie Markers 2 ct. $0.50
1 Staples pencil sharpener $0.50
2 Hammermill Copy Paper $9.98
-$8.98 Easy Rebates

Total: $15.87
Rebates: $12.97

So, it's like I got $29.95 in office supplies for $2.90, or 90% off!  This paper is gonna come in handy with all the coupons I'm printing!

Note: CVS has a great deal running right now for Huggies diapers in their gas promo!  You could get a small supply for super cheap!  Here's how:

Buy:

(4) Huggies Slip-On Diaper Jumbo Packs $8.99 ea.
-(1) $2/1 Huggies slip on diapers (store coupon) (it limits "one per visit" but if you had the time, you could go four separate times and still get the gas card with your final purchase)
-(4) $3/1 Huggies slip-on diapers (SS 8/14)
Total due:  $20.96
Get Back: $10 gas gift card
It's like paying $2.74 per pack!

Note: I had to get a rain check for this deal because they didn't have any Huggies Slip-Ons yet (but said they should be getting some in their shipment tomorrow), but I almost prefer it in this case.. (see how I used my rain check today to get free Q-tips?)  Happy Couponing everybody!

No comments: