Monday, July 25, 2011

Money Monday

I had some twists and turns to my coupon adventure yesterday.  Toys R Us was running a $5  diaper sale.  Come to find out, the Huggies diapers were BOGO50% also (unadvertised).  I took my merry old time getting over there and not only were they out of the diapers at Toys R Us (judging by the holes, they hadn't even "stocked up" for the sale--did they not think people would want $5 diapers??), but apparently other people had the same idea I had and they were out of stock at the Target down the street (Target and Wal-Mart will price-match an advertised deal--$5 is still a DEAL).  Much as it saddens me, I think I'm gonna let this one go.  On a brighter note, I got diapers with my ECB profit today and only paid $2 in tax for everything, so I'm not hurting for diapers (like I was).  I also used my stale gas points from Weis to get half off gasoline today!


Here's what I got:


Here's how I did it:

Transaction #1

Bought:
(2) Schick Slimtwin $8.99 ea.
(1) Skintimate Shave gel $2.49

Notes: The prices were slightly different than the deal idea I shared earlier, so I had to adapt my plan. By the time I got to the store, they were out of the cream shave (which was on sale for $2.49 with a $1.50/1 printable coupon).  I could have gotten a rain check for the whole deal at that point but I prefer the gel anyway.

Used:
25% off all reg. price items (coupon in my email)
Note: The register took $3.81 off–it seems to work on full price products that PRODUCE ECBs (razors), but if you USE ECBs, it counts against the total.  I wasn't sure it would do anything, so this was a nice bonus for me!
(2) $2/1 CVS store coupons for Schick disposable
Note: The register beeped on my second CVS coupon.  I'm not sure why because you should be able to use 2 CVS coupons with 2 qualifying items.  There is a Limit 1 per purchase (of specified products), but no where in CVS's unofficial policy nor on the coupon does it limit to 1 CVS coupon per transaction. 
(1) BOGO disposable coupon
(1) 0.75/1 Skintimate
3 ECBs (from last week)
Paid:
$0.71 in tax (negative subtotal)
Recieved:
10 ECBs

Transaction #2

Bought:
(2) Jumbo Packs of Huggies Jean Diapers $8.99 ea.
(1) Kotex U $3.49

Used:
(2) $2/1 Huggies Jumbo or larger (home mailers)
(1) $1/1 Huggies Jumbo or larger CVS coupon (printed at the red coupon machine--happy dance!)
(1) $3/15 Baby Care purchase CVS coupon (also from the magic coupon machine :D)
(1) $1/1 Kotex U product
2 ECBs (from last week), 10 ECBs (from last transaction)

Paid:
$1.30

Received:
2 ECBs (Kotex)

So, I got $52 worth of necessities for $2!  WooHoo!  The packages of diapers each had a $2/1 coupon in them, which is great because I had just used my last 2 coupons.  Plus, there's a Buy 6, get 1 Huggies jumbo pack deal at CVS for the  "summer" (details, anyone?).  I only need to buy one more to get my free pack!

ETA:  I got the details from CVS via facebook:  Huggies jumbo packs are included in the buy 6, get 1 free.  Boxes and larger are not included.  The promotion runs through December 31st.  It takes a few days to update the total and get your coupon (kinda like beauty club works).  I just got my 6th pack (at $5 no less) and hope to get my free coupon soon.  I'll let y'all know!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Way to go, Cathy!!
Love, Mom