Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back in Action!

Well, it certainly has been a while, hasn't it?  Since we last talked, I've been chasing after my one year old like crazy and trying to keep food down to feed this little baby in my tummy.  Needless to say, I haven't been couponing like I used to.  Two weeks ago I paid full price for dish soap!  That's sacrilege in the coupon world.  But, yesterday, I think I made up for that waste of $2...I got $135 worth of stuff for $25 (after rebates and ExtraBucks) and the only things that actually cost money were the diapers and wipes!  The diapers and wipes are actually for my sister-in-law, who's going to give birth any day now.  My mother-in-law asked me to get some when they were on a good sale--it's so much fun to shop with other people's money! ;-)  Here's what I got:


Transaction with my card:

(3) Pampers Diapers $9.50 ea.
-(1) $1.50/1 pampers
-(2) $1/1 Pampers (all from inside old packs)
(1) Pamper's wipes $3
-$0.20/1 wipes
-$5/30 coupon (from my online account)
+tax
=$24.39

ECBs received: 10

I saved these ExtraBucks for next week, and used my mother-in-law's card for the rest of the transactions because she had some ExtraBucks she didn't want (ECBs are non-transferable, so you have to use the card with which they were printed when redeeming them).



Transaction #1 with my mother-in-law's card

(3) Pampers Diapers $9.50 ea.
-(3) $1.50/1 Pampers from Sunday's Paper
(1) Pamper's wipes $3
-$0.20/1 wipes
-3 ECBs
+tax
=$25.52

ECBs received: 10


Transaction #2 (now I'm trying--and failing--to get rid of those ExtraBucks)

(3) Thermacare Heatwraps $6.99 ea.
-(3) $3/1 Thermacare printable (need 3 different e-mails/computers)
(1) Hallmark card $0.99
-10 ECBs
+tax
=$0.06

ECBs received: 4

Mail-In Rebate on 3 Thermacare: $10 (that's means I make a dollar on 3 Thermacare--super free!)




Transaction #3

(4) Lady Speed Stick $1.99 ea.
-(2) BOGO coupons (the first rang up $3.99, so she corrected the second to $1.99)
(2) Irish Spring bar soap $3 ea.
-$1/2 Irish Spring (from Sunday's paper)
-4 ECBs
+tax
=$3.82

ECBs received: 6

Mail-In Rebate: $5



Transaction #4

(2) Hallmark cards $0.99 ea.
(1) Skintimate shave cream (I was testing this unadvertised deal) $3.99
-6 ECBs
+tax
=$0.36

ECBs received: 3 (hallmark), 4 (Skintimate)

So, I've got 7 bucks leftover, which means I failed in spending away my m.i.l.'s bucks, but succeeded in saving lots of money! 

I've submitted 2 rebates so I'll get $15 back eventually.  If you combine that with the 14 "extra" ExtraBucks for the day, it's like I only spent $25.15 for $134.96 worth of stuff!  Nice!!

No comments: