Monday, June 13, 2011

Money Monday

Last fall, my sister introduced me to a site, Southern Savers,  that matches sales with coupons to save some crazy amounts of money!  So, I started "tactical couponing" at CVS/Pharmacy.  Just about every Sunday, I go to CVS with my coupons and plan in tow.  This Sunday, however, I forgot my handy clip with my coupons and ExtraCare Bucks (ECBs), so I had to wing it.  Here's what I got:

(1) Schick Hydro 3 Razor $8.00
-$4/1 (save $4 on one) Schick Hydro Razor (Smart Source [SS] 6/12)
Total Due: $4.48
ECBs received: 4

I went again today WITH my plan and got:

Transaction #1
1 Zyrtec 5 ct. $5.99
2 Orbit Gum $1.49 BOGO (buy one get one free)
-$4/1 Zyrtec (Red Plum [RP] 4/10)
-$1/2 (save $1 on two) Orbit Gum
-2 ECBs from last week
Total Due: $0.58
ECBs received: $5.99 (for Zyrtec), $1 (for using my green bag tag 4 times)

I got a $3 off $10 first aid purchase from the red coupon machine on Sunday and asked if I could use it for Motrin and they said I could, so I did this transaction:

Transaction #2:
3 Motrin PM $12 (total)
-(2) $1/1 Motrin PM (RP 6/12)
-$3 when you buy (wyb) 10 in First aid (CVS coupon)
-6.99 in ECBs (from above)
Total Due: $0.01 (yay!!!)
ECBs received: $9



All total that product would have cost $40 retail price, but I actually made 6 ExtraCare Bucks (2 ECBs to start, spent $5, 13 ECBs to finish) on the deal!!  Woohoo!!

I know it's late, but if you're still headed out for gas (at Sheetz) or something, you can pick up a free movie today only at Blockbuster Express using this code: SWEETMONDAY
Thanks, Shannon @ For The Mommas

1 comment:

Cathy said...

BTW, these prices are good until Saturday, so dig out your paper and get some free stuff!!